- Keep your household temperature low to reduce the change of temperature going in and out.
- Get a programmable thermostat. Set back the temperature to even lower, program it to raise the temperature about 30 minutes before you get up and back to night temperature about 30 minutes before you leave.
- Wear sweaters, sweats, slippers and warm socks around the house.
- Have a couple of pairs of gloves and a few scarves so if one gets wet you have another to use. Use them.
- Find a good pair of warm snow boots and a pair of truly waterproof rain boots. Designate a couple of pairs of socks to wear in them to keep warm.
- Wear more cotton, less synthetics and wool in winter. Cotton is less conductive of static electricity, reduces the shocks we're all familiar with and keeps the hair in place more.
- Eat lots of carmelized onions, on baked potatoes, in omelets, on cheese steak sandwiches, on quesadillas. Onions have documented anti-viral properties.
- Find a saline solution nasal spray you like. I like those with menthol and glycerin. The glycerin helps it stay longer where you want it. Use saline nasal spray to reduce nasal dryness from dry winter air.
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
“The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells Wakan-Tanka [the Great Spirit], and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.” –-- Black Elk
IdleNoMore is more than the movement of the Indigenous People of Canada fighting for what they need and want. It's a about the relationship between a people and a government. This is about all people and all governments. Learn more about the issues of this movement and how it relates to your life and our government.
I'm going to try to change the format of this site this week; to have regular content on each area of interest and to have a regular schedule. While I seem to have a tiny bit of traffic, I've seen no comments and nobody has taken the survey to help me decide what kind of brick-and-mortar shop I might open. Please leave a comment if you visit. It's really helpful. Do that with any small business website you visit.
Take my Survey. Help me decide what business to be in. Thank you.
Small, Local, Independent Business
I haven't been to Warren Art Books yet. I hope to get there soon. I love bookstores, particularly those that have both new and old books.
Living more economically and more conscious of the impact you have on the environment is often also good for your health.
Have a good day. More later. Please take my survey. Thank you.